Make sure your children have a great summer!
SCL have been running their Holiday Activities for 4-12 year olds for more than 10 years and has 100+ staff working at our venues. In addition, our support staff consists of Early Years and primary teachers, SCL apprentices and university students studying sports and childcare qualifications. During term time our staff work with children aged 4-12 years delivering PE lessons and extra-curricular clubs at over 130 schools and nurseries across the South East.
Our Holiday Activities are run at 18 venues across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and the London Boroughs. Each SCL venue has been specifically chosen to accommodate our wide range of activities. All have large indoor and outdoor areas – so the fun doesn’t stop for bad weather! All venues are registered and inspected by Ofsted. We also offer a 25% sibling discount on all our holiday activities and accept payment using over 20 different childcare voucher schemes.
They will benefit from:
- Experienced qualified lead tutors
- A dedicated EYFS timetable - covering the 7 areas of learning
- Key worker for each child
- Age appropriate activities
- Equipment selected to encourage learning and play
We offer two types of holiday activities, Club Energy or Soccer Schools which are available at all our venues. Simply choose between individual days or a week at Club Energy, Soccer School or a combination of the two! Although both courses are run separately, children from both camps will be together during the signing in and out, lunch and extended day periods.
For children who want to experience a fantastic range of activities, SCL offers Club Energy, an Ofsted-registered childcare provision where children, aged 4-12 years, enjoy a combination of sport and creativity in one fun-filled programme.
Every day will be different and each day they attend, they will participate in five different activity areas:
- Fun Games: Parachute games, Ultimate Dodgeball, Gladiator games, assault courses, space hoppers, party games, rhombic scooters and team challenges.
- Sports: Tri-golf, cricket, hockey, handball, touch rugby, rounders, tennis, Benchball, basketball, athletics, bowling, curling, volley ball and Didi-cars.
- Outdoor Pursuits: Treasure hunts, go kart and scooter races, water games, team hide and seek, mini beast hunt, orienteering and nature drawing.
- Specialist Activities: Drama, dance workshops, a movie and popcorn, face paints, circus skills, cookery, judo and martial arts
- Arts and Crafts: Textiles, displays, banners, drawing and colouring, masks, clay work, Hama beads, painting, collage making and other seasonal arts and crafts.
- Free Choice Activities: Arts and crafts, Nintendo Wii, building toys, dressing up clothes, chill out den, books and story time, Scalextric, music, educational toys, free play and much more!
Football-mad children can kick off a memorable school holiday with individual days or week-long courses at SCL's popular Soccer School. Boys and girls of all abilities will be coached in a different aspect of football each day whilst having fun with friends, old and new.
Every session is expertly delivered by our experienced, FA-qualified coaches who use their experience and coaching expertise to develop players’ confidence with the ball including shooting, goalkeeping, and passing, dribbling, attacking and defending, through playing fun and imaginative games such as:
- Football Golf, Brazilian Grids, Football Cricket, Cross Bar Challenge and Target Practice
- Skills School, Keep-up Contest, Challenge the Coach and the Nut Meg Challenge
- Premiership All-Stars, World Cup Doubles and Tournaments
Plus with our World Cup Friday’s, all their hard work, improved skills and team play could give them the chance to win certificates, trophies, tournament medals or even lift the World Cup!
So whether your child is a Mini Kicker (Ages 4-5), a Premier League All Star (Ages 6-8) or a Champions League Elite player (9-12 years), they are guaranteed fun-packed football sessions.
And as our Soccer School courses have been awarded the Football Association's (FA) Charter Standard Mark in recognition of quality holiday course provision, you can be sure they are not only in safe hands, but also experiencing the best in coaching and course programming.
08.30 – 09.45 Extended day only
09.45 – 10.15 Welcome and registration
10.20 – 11.20 SESSION 1
Club Energy Team Sports or Arts and Crafts
11.20 – 11.30 Snack and drinks’ break
11.30 – 12.30 SESSION 2
Club Energy Street Dance or Rocket Ball
12.30 – 1.30 Lunch
13.20 – 14.20 SESSION 3
Club Energy Athletics or Treasure Hunt
14.20 – 14.30 Drinks’ break
14.30 – 15.45 SESSION 4
Club Energy Circus Skills or Cake decorating
15.45 – 16.15 Presentations and Farewell
16.15 – 17.30 Extended day only
Our Extended Day offers parents greater flexibility with drop off times between the hours of 8.30am – 9.45am and collection times between the hours of 4.00pm – 5.30pm. During our Extended Day a variety of activities will be available for all children under the supervision of SCL staff including movies, archery, reading and Nintendo wii.
What to bring
- Packed lunch with ice pack – please ensure NO NUT PRODUCTS.
- Snacks and non-fizzy drinks in a reusable bottle or flask.
- Named, comfortable clothing, appropriate to the weather conditions.
- Children attending Soccer School should bring trainers, football boots if they have them and wear shin pads.
Our tutors are:
- Approved to work with children by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or the Department for Barring Services (DBS)
- Registered and checked by Ofsted
- Qualified in Paediatric First Aid
- Trained in Child Protection Awareness and Procedures
- Trained in Healt
- All our senior staff have their NVQ Level 3 in Playwork
- Our SCL tutors make it their mission for your child to have the best time whilst they are with us. They are professional in their approach, caring and entertaining.
- Plus, each tutor is regularly assessed, to maintain SCL’s high standards.
To book online go to www.WeAreSCL.com or for more information call 0845 644 5747.