Mimic Stage School and Youth Theatre
Performing Arts Training for 3-22 years! Small classes, high standards
Performing Arts and Actor Training in Hertfordshire. Mimic is a stage school, a theatre company and youth theatre. We teach young people from 3-22 years and provide:
- A warm and encouraging atmosphere creating confident and highly talented performers
- Excellent teachers, trained professionally in Performing Arts with first-hand industry experience
- Small classes, high standards
- High quality training in Singing, Acting, Dance and Performance
- Acrobatic Arts training (Flexibility and tricks & tumbles with dance)
- Showcases and large productions in professional theatres
- Free trials
- Theatre trips
Why we are different:
- INDEPENDENCE: There are no limits to what we can achieve. We are not a franchise. We are a small, independent company so we aren't limited to what we can pursue - there are no rules. If we want to change something, we change it and we don't have to go through anyone to do so.
- MULTIPLE OPTIONS: At Mimic we appreciate some people may not have the time or budget for the traditional 'three hours' of Performing Arts training offered at most schools. So we offer multiple options for our students, so they can choose to take part in 1.5 hours of training, or 2-hour classes instead.
- SHOWS: At Mimic we learn by doing, which means every single student aged 7 or over is guaranteed a speaking line and every Mimic group partakes in live shows every year. In a typical year, most classes partake in multiple shows, public performances and end of year showcases.
- INDUSTRY OPPORTUNITIES: Mimic has regular connections with agencies, to offer our students the chance to work professionally if they wish. Mimic also offers countless opportunities to our students relating to industry work or experience. Some of these in the past have included: a professional music video with Tyler Rix, a gardening documentary, a short film, professional headshots and much more.
- MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS: At Mimic we promote positive mental health in our young performers. We regularly talk openly about mental health, support #time4change and encourage our students to be inclusive and non-judgemental of others so that everyone feels safe. In 2021, we held a mental health workshop with a Mental Health Educator to help our students and teachers better understand mental health.
- NO HIDDEN COSTS OR COSTUME CHARGES: No show fees or additional costume charge (usual costs for your child to take part in a show such as costumes are included in your termly fees)
- AFFORDABLE FEES: We always strive to remain one of the most affordable stage schools in Hertfordshire, without compromising on the standard of our school. We also offer multiple class discounts, sibling discounts, scholarships, free trials and the option to break fees down into twelve monthly payments.
Email: [email protected]
Performing arts classes for boys and girls covering Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn, Tewin Village & Stevenage